Alfa Laval SMP-BCA Mixproof Valve with PTFE Diaphragm
SMP-BCA is an aseptic double seat valve with PTFE diaphragm. It is available as a stop- or divert valve. The valve is suited for aseptic operating conditions such as high sterilisation temperatures. SMP-BCA is specially designed for aseptic applications with the highest hygienic demands.
SMP-BCA is operated by means of compressed air. The valve is a normally closed (NC) valve. Sterile stem sealing towards the atmosphere is ensured by a special designed PTFE/rubber diaphragm unit. The PTFE diaphragm does not allow product residues to build up on the product contact surface. The product lines are separated by two sealings and a sterile barrier chamber to avoid mixing of product and to ensure immediate indication in case of a leak from one of the plug seals. Two small pneumatic normally open (NO) valves control flow to and from the sterile barrier chamber. The barrier chamber must be clean and sterile when the main valve is closed.The lower product lines on change over valves are separated by a single seal plug, without sterile barrier chamber.
Pressure range: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0-800 kPa (0-8 bar).
Temperature range: . . . . . . . . . . . . . -10°C to 140°C (EPDM).
Optimum process conditions: . . . . . . >50 kPa (0.5 bar), >20°C.
Max. sterilization temperature (steam – short time) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150°C – 380 kPa (3.8 bar).
Air pressure: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500-800 kPa (5-8 bar).
Note! Vacuum is not recommended in aseptic applications.
Product wetted steel parts: . . .1.4404 (316L).
External surface finish . . . . . .Semi-bright (blasted)
Internal surface finish . . . . . . .Bright (polished), Ra < 1.6 µm
Other steel parts: . . . . . . . . .1.4301 (304).
Product wetted seals: . . . . . .EPDM and PTFE.
Other seals: . . . . . . . . . . . . .NBR, EPDM.
Valve body combination
Type 20 and 30 body versions are on request available in following configurations:
– Tee welded on lower port in 0 or 90 deg. version
– Bend welded on lower port in 0, 90, 180 or 270 deg. version
The three body version is on request available in following configurations:
– Type 121, 122, 211, 212, 221 & 222
SMP-BCA is based on the SMP-BC valve design. It consists of actuator, bonnet, stem with diaphragm unit and valve bodies. The divert version is a three body design. The valve is assembled by means of clamp rings and a stem clip system for easy maintenance.
A. Male parts or clamp ends in accordance with required standard.
B. Control and Indication: IndiTop, ThinkTop or ThinkTop Basic.
C. Larger actuator for valve sizes 38-51 mm/DN 40-50.
D. CIP installation kits.
E. Other valve body combinations.
F. Surface roughness, product wetted parts: Ra ≤ 0.8 μm.
G. Product wetted seals of NBR and PTFE or FPM and PTFE.
H. Service tool for actuator.
I. Tool for plug seals (Necessary for changing the seals).
For further details, see also ESE01563 and instruction IM 70811.
Note! Activating the valve without internal product pressure reduces lifetime of diaphragm unit
Pressure drop/capacity diagrams
NOTE! For the diagrams the following applies:
Medium: Water (20°C).
Measurement: In accordance with VDI 2173.
Pressure data for SMP-BCA
1. Upper plug. Max. product pressure P1 without leakage due to pressure shocks, as a function of support air pressure.
2. Upper plug. Max. product pressure P2 against which the valve can open, as a function of air pressure.
3. Upper valve. Max. product pressure P3 in upper valve body at which the valve can close.
4. Lower valve, change-over. Max. product pressure P4 without leakage, as a function of air pressure.
5. Upper valve. Max. CIP pressure PCIP without leakage to product area as a function of product pressure below plug.
Air Connections Compressed air:
R 1/8″ (BSP), internal thread.
R 3/8″ (BSP), external thread.
R 3/8″ (BSP), external thread.
Caution, opening/closing time:
Opening/closing time will be affected by the following:
– The air supply (air pressure).
– The length and dimensions of the air hoses.
– Number of valves connected to the same air hose.
– Use of single solenoid valve for serial connected air actuator functions.
– Product pressure.